There are circumstances in which you need to blend in the environment so you can be unnoticeable. I am talking about hunting, airsoft, or even military missions. Some of the situations are life or death, so having the best camouflage is of the utmost importance. There are several ways to achieve the ideal level of ‘invisibility,’ but none of them even begin to compare to a ghillie suit.
The ghillie suit is also known as a yowie or awookie suite. Its primary purpose is to imitate heavy foliage. Usually, it is made of hundreds of loose strips of clothing that are made to look like twigs and leaves. Wearing one while hunting means that you are perfectly disguised. Since the entire environmentlooks like the suit you are wearing, nobody and nothing can spot you.
The benefits of a ghillie suit
You can benefit a great deal from a ghillie suit. Thousands of people understand that, which is why the suit is one of the most popular camouflage gears nowadays. Not only that it will improve your ability to hunt, but it has other advantages as well.
- In-depth camouflage – while other camouflage suits provide a linear disguise, the ghillie suit creates a three-dimensional image of the hunter’s outline. The whole thing looks so real that nobody can tell where you are. They can be standing right beside you, and still couldn’t see you. It’s different with animals, of course, because they have an excellent sense of smell, but you can shoot them way before they getright next to you.
- Multiple patterns – since there are various kinds of foliage, ghillie suits are designed to match them all. You have the option of purchasing one that imitates old, dry twigs and leaves, you can also buy a suit that resembles live foliage, and you can even go for a moss suit. You need to establish where you are going to use the suit, and then make a choice as far as the pattern is concerned.
- Customizable design – for extra plausibility, some models allow you to add sticks and leaves. That way you can make it even more believable. It’s not that they don’t have enough features, but if you can make it look natural, then why not?It will be more efficient than without the additional twigs and leaves.
- Natural movement – a high-quality ghillie suit will always be light and will allow you to move freely. Can you imagine a sniper having trouble runningbecause of the heavy weight of the suit? It’s unacceptable.
- Ideal for airsoft players – it may not be as serious as military action or hunting, but some people take it seriously, enough to purchase a ghillie suit. You will be unnoticeable in the game, which can bring you closer to victory than without a suit. Getting away unseen by the opponents will ensure that you win the game for the entire team.
- Affordable – a ghillie suit may be more expensive than a regular camo suit, but it’s not like it will drain your pockets. It’s affordable enough, and one day it will make a return on that investment.
What to consider when buying the best ghillie suit
Buying a ghillie suit should never be random. Otherwise, you can get a low-quality product and no benefits. Just like any other item, it needs considering before making a purchase. Here is what you should be looking at.
- Choose by reputation – just because a manufacturer entitles a suit as a ghillie suit, that does not make it a high-quality product. Unless the manufacturer lists the history of the suit’s development and thelaw enforcement/military units that are currently using that particular suit, don’t believe everything that is in front of you. It’s okay to question and be skeptical.
- It should look as natural as possible – not all manufacturers manage to make the suit look as if it was taken out of a forest. Some don’t pay too much attention to details, which is a huge disadvantage. Not only for you as a hunter, but for them as a brand.
- The three-dimensional features must be flawless – that is what makes the ghillie suit different from your regular fabric camo suit. That feature will allow you go undetected, no matter if you are located in an area full of foliage, or open field. As long as the outline of your body is 3D, you will blend in the surroundings. And how do you know that your choice will do the job? First of all, look at the texture. Is it flat or block-cut? If the answer is yes, then it will not do. Nothing in nature is perfectly flat or has clean-cut edges. Secondly, how does the color pattern look? Is the mix natural enough to blend in with the environment?
- Pay attention to color – don’t ever buy a ghillie suit without seeing a color photo of it. Seeing what it looks like it’s one of the first things you should look at. It is easy to filter considering that aspect.
- The weight of the suit – ghillie suits should not be heavy, bulky, or make you incredibly hot. Sure, it will keep you warm a little bit. It’s impossible not to. However, it shouldn’t make you feel uncomfortable. It needs a light but solid foundation (so you won’t have trouble with bugs crawling inside), but you shouldn’t get soaking wet out of it. Also, when it comes to this aspect, consider things like how longdo you have to carry the suit. But keep in mind never to travel in a ghillie suit. That is how you get shot by accident by other hunters.
- Construction – the basic structure of the suit should be flawless. I say that because there is a number of things that can happen. Look for rot-resistant materials or at least double- Also, see if the product of your choice is a fire-retardant ghillie suit.Is it water repellent? Will it last at least two years if you use it in normal conditions? Aspects of that matter more than you think.
- Price – maybe you think that pricing does not matter, but it really does. I am not saying that you should go for the most expensive ghillie suit you can find, but the cheaper it is, the poorer the construction. Think about what aspects give the suit its price. It’s the resources that were invested in its manufacturing. If it’s cheap, that means not many resources were used in its making. That translates to low-quality, and you don’t want that.
What are the best ghillie suits?
There are several ways to find out if a particular ghillie suit will do its job or not. One of them is by following the criteria I mentioned above. Another would be to read ghillie suits reviews you can find online. People who already bought one are the most qualified to tell you whether a product is as advertised or not. With that in mind, here are a few reviews for some of the best ghillie suits.
Red Rock Gear Ghillie Suit
This is one of the best ghillie suits I could find. It has a ton of positive reviews left by people who already bought and tested it. It is made of 98% polyester and 2% spandex. It has an ideal balance between durable material and flexibility. It also means that it’s lightweight and the construction is breathable. You will be able to move freely, and the temperature inside the suit is just right. It will keep you a little bit warm in the winter, and the breathable feature will be of great help in the summer.
The Red Rock Gear is a 5-piece suit and includes a jacket, pants, gun wrap, hood, and a sack so you can carry various items you may need for your hunting trip. You can find it in different colors like woodland camouflage, desert camouflage, snow camouflage, and ACU camouflage. As you can see, the possibilities are many.
The suit is available in multiple sizes as well. It starts from medium large and reaches 2X-large. It will provide the ultimate 3D concealment. Nothing and nobody will be able to see you. If you want, you have the option of adding real leaves and twigs, as they will attach relatively easy to the suit. With the proper care, you will have this ghillie suit for years. CLick here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Arcturus Camo Ghost Ghillie Suit
‘Ghost’ is the appropriate word for this ghillie suit as it provides the ideal camouflage. It is a full and dense suit that will meet its purpose without a doubt. It is very dense but at the same time lightweight. Just to paint a picture of how dense it is, regular ghillie suits weigh somewhere around 4.5 pounds. But the ghillie suit from Arcturus weighs 6.5 lbs. That means it has 2 lbs more thread than other suits. Can you imagine how much thread is 2 pounds?
Even though it has a lot of threads to imitate foliage perfectly, shedding is not an option. That is because the manufacturer used double-stitching to hold them down. They are locked, so they will not fall off easily. The colors are more advanced than anything I have ever seen. The Woodland used a 7-color blend with 4 different shades of brown, black, green, and tan. There is also a dry grass pattern. It has a greenish tan base, but it’s mixed with light olive to imitate grassland. The suit can provide the perfect concealment.
There are 4 available sizes: kids, young adult, regular, and extra large. You may be wondering why is it available for children. The answer is that the Arcturus ghillie suit makes one of the best Halloween suits. It can be used in a number of situations like airsoft, paintball, and hunting. You will pass unseen in either of them. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Arcturus Camo Warrior Ghillie Suit
I was so impressed with the aspect, design, and construction of the previous suit that I knew Arcturus Camo is not playing around. They seem to have it all figured out when they produce such masterpieces. And that is how I stumbled upon yet another perfect ghillie suit. The warrior version.
This ghillie suit comes with the same high density as the previous model. However, it is lighter. It weighs only 4 pounds this time, but it’s not your regular 4-pound suit. Its density is almost unmatched. The stitches are flawless too. The manufacturer used close stitching, which basically means that every single stitch is attached better to the base. As a result, shedding is a very hard thing to achieve. I don’t know what would it take to lose those threads.
The warrior ghillie suit can be found in three sizes: Medium/Large (6 feet and under), XL/XXL (6 feet 1-inch and over), and kids from 4’8″ to 5’4″. It also has three unique patterns: woodland, field grass, and sage brush. This suit is ideal for airsoft, paintball, hunting, and it will even make a great Halloween costume. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
I don’t think there is any mystery to which one of the three products is my favorite. I have to go with the Arcturus Camo Ghost Ghillie Suit. It has the perfect density, the right concealment, and colors, and the double stitching makes it one of the best ghillie suits on the market. I have no doubt that it will satisfy your needs.
Hunting is not something new. Quite the contrary actually. It is one of the oldest practices of men. We hunt since the beginning of time. However, there is a difference between then and now. A huge one. We got better and smarter. Not only that we have the right weapons, but we learned to conceal our presence in the wilderness. And that makes us the best hunters on Earth. A ghillie suit contributes to that status. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The Definitive Solution for Military Grade Ghillie Suit for Sale You Can Learn About Today
- Getting the Best Ghillie Blanket
- Where to Buy a Ghillie Suit – Overview
- Top Ghillie Suit Kids Secrets
- What Does Ghillie Suit Kit Mean?
- Top Guide of Ghillie Suit for Sale
- Top Choices of Military Ghillie Suit
- The 5-Minute Rule for Ghillie Suit
- What You Need to Know About Ghillie
- A Fool’s Manual to Ghillie Suit Shop
- The Supreme Strategy for a Ghillie Suit
- What You Don’t Know About Camo Ghillie Suit Could Be Costing to More Than You Think
- What You Should Do to Find Out About Woodland Ghillie Suit Before You’re Left Behind
- The Hidden Facts About Snow Ghillie Suit Uncovered by an Expert
- Top Guide of White Ghillie Suit
- Ghillie Suit Material Tips & Guide
- Kids, Work and Cheap Ghillie Suit
- Facts, Fiction and Hunting Ghillie Suit
- The Downside Risk of Buy Ghillie Suit That No One Is Talking About
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Ghillie Cape
- Grass Suit Explained
- Bow Hunting Ghillie Suit for Dummies
- The Fundamentals of Winter Ghillie Suit You Can Learn From Beginning Today
- The History of Ghillie Suit Cheap Refuted
- If You Read Nothing Else Today, Read This Report on Gillies Suit
- A Deadly Mistake Uncovered on Ghillie Camouflage and How to Avoid It
- Surprising Facts About Desert Ghillie Suit Uncovered by Industry Leaders
- Get the Scoop on Gila Suit Before You’re Too Late
- Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Snow Camo Ghillie Suit and What You Should Do Today
- The Honest to Goodness Truth on Ghillie Suit for Kids
- New Article Reveals the Low Down on Kids Ghillie Suit and Why You Must Take Action Today
- What You Don’t Know About Best Ghillie Suit for Hunting Could Be Costing to More Than You Think
- The Tried and True Method for Sniper Suit in Step by Step Detail
- The True Story About Sniper Ghillie Suit That the Experts Don’t Want You to Know
- Understanding Camo Suit